On Monday, October 24, IC&RC was proud to host its inaugural Advisory Council meeting. Members in attendance included:
- Deidre Boyd, Executive Director of Addiction Recovery Foundation in the United Kingdom
- Karen Carpenter-Palumbo, Executive Director of the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP)
- Tom Clawson, Executive Director of National Board for Certified Counselors Inc. and Affiliates (NBCC)
- Steve Gumbley, Board Chair of Faces and Voices of Recovery (FAVOR)
- Julie Hogan, Co-Director of the National Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies (CAPT)
- Jim Holder, President of the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals
- Laurie Krom, Director of the National Office of the Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC)
- Penny Mills, Executive VP/CEO of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- Edward Reading, President of International Coalition for Addiction Studies Education (INCASE)
Rob Morrison, Executive Director of National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD), was represented by his staff member, Henrick Harwood, Director of NASADAD’s Division of Research and Program Applications. Ron Manderscheid, Executive Director of the National Association of County Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors, has accepted the invitation to sit on the Advisory Council, but couldn’t attend the Orlando meeting.
The IC&RC Advisory Council seeks to ensure that the profession of addiction treatment and prevention continues to grow in a smart, sustainable direction. Together, these experts will create a network to provide guidance, vision, and support to IC&RC as it responds to shifts in the global economy, public consciousness and diverse values.